Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010


GUARDAIANS BROTHERHOOD INCORPORATED
1984





IS IT WORTH THE WORRIES? IS IT WORTH THE FIGHT?


Things went rough when I said no to the decision of the leadership. I voiced my own opinion, I asserted my right. After all, I said, I am also a member, I have the equal rights as much as the leadership of the organization. This is a democratic association, so to speak. It was clearly advocated by the National leadership, to be democratic, to be equal, to be heard. My “ no” was not actually against anyone. It was a principle I fought for. I was oriented by the National leadership about being democratic. I was taught of the right to fight for as long as we do not violate the human dignity. As long as we do not violate our laws. The National Leadership advocated it. We learned and we followed. After all, if this is not democratic, I will not be part of this organization.

I can remember the story of our leader. That about 30 years ago, he himself faced – off persecution. He was pressured by the AFP leadership to disband the organization he was leading. He was ordered to erased the marks of the organization he was advocating. But, he didn’t follow. He firmly believed on the democratic principle. He strongly argued that every Filipino, whether a soldier or a civilian has equal rights to organize, to belong to an organization he believes he can be. Anyone can freely express his views as long as it is not against the law. He can loudly speak his opinion no matter what it takes for as long as, it doesn’t trample the rights of others. After all, this is a free country.

He proudly stood his path, believing his principle. The leader fought for his right up to the extent of sacrificing his military career, he said.

He was right. I said to myself, this is the person I want to follow. This is the leader I want to idolized. This is the guts, I want to adopt. The leader is fair, honest and true to himself and others. His advocacy should be supported. His cause should be propagated. That was the reason I supported his cause. That was the reason I followed his path. That was the reason I sided with him.

That is history . . . .now.

I am a principled man. Though I belong to the Magic Group, I believed that I have equal rights with those that comes from the organic members. I was trained to be open, to be democratic and to be frank and honest. I have held high positions in the government, and the private offices. I have lead many people coming both from the professional group and the blue color level. I have made several companies successful. I have caused offices received awards. I am an achiever.

I am also a leader just like the GBI national leadership. I have lead even bigger and stronger organizations. I never failed yet, not yet.

I am dismayed, I am disappointed. Our advocacy for a democratic organization seems vanishing. Our effort even how much bigger, is no longer given weight. Our freedom of decision and freewill to choose is no longer respected. The track I am following is derailing. The path that once was clear and principled is now dirty and confusing. The freedom I once saw is now vague. The honesty and frankness and freedom of operation is now replaced by covert parameters. The shrewdness is clear. Personal interest is glaring.

I fought for this organization. I raised my arm side by side with the leadership. I embraced their truth. I covered my eyes. I speak of their legacy.

Now, I am being sidetrack. By simply not agreeing with what they wanted, I was replaced, condemned and ridiculed. I never have any violations. I was just protecting the organization for further division and embarrassment. After all, I joined the organization not because of “politics” but because of brotherhood. This is also the reason of many more magic groups who is now embracing the principle of Guardianism.

This is it. I came to realized what really is this organization. Now, I am in the limbo. I have done a lot of sacrifices just like the others. I have given my time, money and effort even if this organization will always look up to the original leadership. In return, I got kicked out. I was replaced unceremoniously. This is my prize, my reward, my certificate and my trophy.

Now I am asking, IS IT WORTH THE WORRIES? IS IT WORTH THE FIGHT?







From: DANTE MUHAMMAD SHAMSUDDIN “NF OFFROAD” M. SIMANGAN
Former National Fraternal Director – GHOD
Former Finance Minister – Central Government

No comments: